Symptoms of depression
Some people feel sad, hopeless, and helpless due to loss in business, difficulties, and struggles of life. It is normal to go through periods when you feel sad. However, if this sad feeling lasts for a longer period of time, is called depression. Sometimes depression can lead to thoughts of suicide. Its diagnosis is very essential to cure this dangerous psychological disease. Some symptoms of depression are listed here.
The depressed person:
- has difficulty making decisions.
- has difficulty remembering the description of important issues.
- cannot concentrate.
- feels fatigue and loss of energy.
- feels guilty for no apparent reason.
- feels more hopeless and worthless than before.
- wakes up early in the morning and sometimes sleeps excessively.
- becomes irritated and restless.
- loses attention even in favorite activities or hobbies like watching television or playing games etc.
- sometimes overeats and sometimes loses appetite.
- has headaches, pains in different parts of the body.
- has digestive problems.
- sometimes is lost in thought or seems to daydream
- sometimes continues hopeless thinking
- has dark thoughts perhaps contemplating suicide.
All of the above points are some symptoms of depression. A person that has depression should either seek professional help themselves or be taken to a physician. Sometimes the cause can be attributed to hormonal changes in the body and in the brain. Continuous depression is very dangerous because it can lead to alcohol or drug addiction and to thoughts of suicide.